Religion Kills Another Child (Again!)

I am too emotionally upset about this to even comment on it.   See my post from last month.  Unfortunately these things keep happening much to often.

About these ads

March 18, 2011 - Posted by | Religion | , , ,

1. By “Like”, I mean I really really dislike….

Comment by prosey | March 18, 2011 | Reply

• I know what you mean. HUGS!

Comment by Jay Walker | March 18, 2011 | Reply

2. this is sickening. I agree. Heartrendingly sad.

I just can’t put this one on religion. This is a severe mental illness.

If the voice in the mothers head hadn’t been “god” it would have been the dog or the mailbox or the trees talking to her.

Now I am going to sit and cry for that poor child.

Comment by fribnit | March 18, 2011 | Reply

• I agree. It is mental illness, but religion can be a powerful enabler of mental illness and delusional behavior.

I get so terribly sad when I hear things like this. And things like this are one of my arguments to the religious. How could an all loving, all powerful god let this happen to a child? Especially in his name? The fact that things like this happen is proof to me of the non-existence of a personal god who acts in the world. Either that or an evil, sadistic god. In either case, belief and/or worship servers no purpose whatsoever.

Comment by Jay Walker | March 18, 2011 | Reply

3. I could not agree with you more Jay. Religion is in of itself an illness as I see it.

Further proof that there is no god.

Comment by fribnit | March 18, 2011 | Reply

4. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42158884/ns/local_news-philadelphia_pa/

Here is religion killing someone again

Comment by fribnit | March 19, 2011 | Reply

5. I see I have been de-friended on facebook!!! I remeber you had a blog earlier blaming religion for a friend that disagreed with you about a blog on sex and moralality and he de-friended you. Proving your point
    now you have de-friended me I guess you are just like those you condemn. you do the same. I offered to have respectful and meaningful dialog about anything. It is obvious that you want neither. I am sure this comment will be deleted as it shows your hypocrisy. Is this hypocrisy representative of all athiest and radical liberals? I do not know since I cannot find anyone who will have an intelligent conversation with.

Comment by Kerry | March 20, 2011 | Reply